Roasted Pepper and Artichoke Spread
This spread is best served with wheat crackers, carrot sticks or mini-bread slices. This makes about 3 cups so I usually double it.
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped finely
1/3 c. finely chopped roasted red bell peppers
1. Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. Dump into a small slow cooker. Add artichoke hearts and red bell pepper and stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Stir before serving.
Apron Strings Notes: I either double this recipe and use my larger slow cooker or use my 1- quart slow cooker. You can make your own roasted red bell peppers or purchase them in a 7.25-oz. jar at your local grocery store.
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
2 (12-oz.) cans cocktail peanuts
1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. chili seasoning
1. Dump peanuts on the bottom of a 3-quart slow cooker and pour butter over the top.
2. Sprinkle the dry chili seasoning over the top and toss until peanuts are evenly coated.
3. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, remove the lid and turn to high for 15 additional minutes.
Hot Cheese and Bacon Dip
This spread is fantastic served on French bread slices or torn pieces of pita bread.
16 slices bacon, cut up
2 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened and cubed
4 c. shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 c. half-and-half
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dried minced onion
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
3 dashes hot sauce
1. Brown and drain bacon. Set aside.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in the 1-quart slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
4. Stir in bacon before serving.
This spread is a showstopper! It makes about 5 cups.
1/2 lb. corned beef, shredded or cut into small pieces
1 (16-oz.) can sauerkraut, well drained
2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
2 c. shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1 c. mayonnaise
1. Combine all ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker and mix well.
2. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours until heated through. Stir twice during cooking time. Serve warm.
Apron Strings Notes: I highly recommend serving this spread with the cocktail-size rye bread.